Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I passed! - bededoktorem
congratulations
andbest of luck
congrats
CONGRATULATIONS bededoktorem, it is a great score, very happy for you.
Wish you best luck for ALL steps.

Good luck.
bede,

Do you think Med Essentials cover everything for the exam? how did you like the combo Essentials + UW?

MedEssential is a book of charts, which I like. Many pages have space for extra notes. I started doing medessential with kaplan q bank online, and I found it very helpful. Each q in kaplan q bank gives you a page in medessential or FA, where can you read about t.

When I was making UW, I also made notes in the book for topics which weren't cover in MedEssential, but I was surprised how many UW question I can answer using only this book.

When you buy a new book, you have an access to online exercises, which help you to memorize things, which worked for me very well.

The book lacks some info in microbiology like gram + and gram - algorithms, which are extremely important, and they are in FA and some pharmacology pages were better for me in FA, but on the other hand it contains many things not covered in FA.

The book is very well organized, at the end it has appendices with eponyms, calculation formulas etc., which were good for last minute revision.

bede,

Final question...what source helped you recall the materials to answer the questions in your exam? Med essentials? UW explanations? FA?
MedEssentials, bec. I worked with this book and I knew it.

( as my score shows not as good as I should, but the point is: choose a book that fits you and stick to it, know it's every page and every note you put into it, bec. during the test you need to see it in your mind, there is no time to figure something out)
Thanks bede.
My exam is in July 29th and I am using for every topic both FA and Med Essentials during the day.
UW questions at night. Smile)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »