Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Bajan re Swartz (c3ny) workshops - afshan
I am taking the workshops next week. My friend took them last month and had no prep time before them and then took the exam 10 days later. She liked the workshops very much and felt very prepared for the exam. She suggested that I NOT study before the workshops this month. Before the workshops you really have no idea what's important and what's not. Dr. Swartz provided all that info and said that when you understand the organization of the exam and the important concepts you can then apply them better than just trying to practice and not know what's important. I am staying at the Pickwick Arms; maybe if you also take the workshops we can study together? Several of us taking the workshops are planning to work together. Good luck...hope to meet you. Afshan.
hi
can you tell me about Dr. Swartz . is it a couresof lectures or what is it. how can i get more info about it.
thank you
It is a 3 day program of workshops. Day 1 is history-taking; Day 2 is physical exam skills skills; Day 3 is practice with SPs. Take a look at the web site at www.c3ny.org I thought it was really all I needed at a good price. Swartz does a lot of role playing on Days 1 & 2and gets the whole group working with him. On Day 2 he plays a challenging patient and then we discuss the write up before he starts the PE. On Day 3 at the end of the day, he goes over the write ups of all the patients we saw that day. He looks at our notes and tells us if our handwriting it OK. I liked it alot since he tells us the American style which is so important for the exam. Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »