Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
offer letter - mom_md
If you dont mind telling us where you got the prematch so we can compare the two programs. Statin island is an excellent hospital that me personally would prefer to go for interview and delay the prematch signing. Typically speaking you have maximum two weeks to sign and send the prematch, anyway to stay on the safe side dont do anything until 4th day post interview in statin island after that if you didnt heard fro them then sign it and send.
yes, im hoping for a prematch from staten Sad.. so i was wondering if i could hold on to the letter for another week before sending it back. if i dont hear from staten in week, then without any doubt im going to send back the letter to the first hospital. i'm scared of waiting till match. i dont want to gamble to that point.. thanks marypoppins. have you heard of any hospital canceling prematches after sending the offer letter because it wasnt sent back asap?
thank you very much waranasi. i had a prematch in St. Peter's in NJ.
i have heard of offers being cancelled if not replied to...dunno about the offer letter,haven't heard,but usually because programs do give a deadline for return of the offer letter...its a tricky decision,but i suppose before suddenly just cancelling an offer they would definitely email/call you to ask why or when you are sending it back...if anything like that happens might be best for you to return it ASAP if you donot want to lose it...i doubt that they will just randomly cancel it without contacting you to try and find out why its taking you so long to reply....but play carefully and
All the best mom_md...
ok thank you very much marypoppins. you're right, this is really a tricky decision. i will attend the interview but i will definitely make an action soon after that. thank you very very much. and yes, i do hope they will contact me first before cancelling it.. all best to you too.
Mom, you could always tell the PD the night after your IVs, if you really like Staten, that you have an offer from another program. If they want you, they´ll hurry with their offer.
thanks psych. yes, i was thinking of doing that. i hope it will work for meSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »