Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 3 block 2 - orexin5
quest 9... wat r they talking abt???

quest 11.... can someone explain this part...

quest 16.... probability of surviving for 4 yrs??? soo we hav calculate all the 4????

quest 20.... is it ALS?? lateral column is the same as CST???

quest 22.... can someone explain in simple terms....

Question 9: the answer is in the endocrine section of Kaplan physio notes. Basically in CHF, there is sequestration of blood on the venous side of the systemic circulation resulting in decreased cardiac output, and thus decreased blood flow and pressure in the renal artery, This stimulates a renin secretion and activation of RAAS. The aldosterone is retaining Na in the body so the person should go a sodium-low diet to prevent aggrevation of the condition.
Question 11: Basically you are looking at two drugs who potentiate the effects of each other, so you are looking at a combination that would cause increased killing of a microorganism. So you want to search for two drugs that will cover similar spectra hence effective against the same microorganism and they act via different mechanisms and thats how they potentiate the killing effect. So the only combination that fulfills that is (G)...an aminoglycoside and ampicillin...

This is how i understood the question. Sorry i cant give a better explanation
Question 16: Is in Kaplan Biostat. Its calculating the probability of a dependent event. So you multiply % of patients who survived next year by those who survived second yr by 3rd yar by 4th year. Correct answer is B
Question 20: is ALS yes. Remember ALS involves the anterior horns as well, making correct choice E
Question 22 is basically describing an action potential. RMP is -90 mv, and then there is an upstroke to +25...thats depolarization due to Na ions...and then that is followed by repolarization which is the job of K efflux...

Hope I have helped
yaaa thank u
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »