Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to justmeorigninal - haiderizwan
firend,i feel very depressed abt failing in step2 again,i studied for 7 months,did UW,kaplan,and nbme,still i couldnt make it.wat startegy u guys are using?how to start again?plz share some words of advice.
thanx in advance.
Haider I'm sorry for the bad luck. I remember when I was a young boy, I used to think that when someone repeats a class it must be so easy because they already know the matereial. Now that I am an old cow, i know its evenn harder because you are exposed to the exam failure option and also because you dont know what you can do to make a difference the next time.

Well, guess what, the good news is that you are not giving up. Thats your guarantee that you will pass this phase. Now how to get there? If you failed this exam then you must have been weak in one or more sub-classesthat USMLE test you: 1- Health and Health maintenance, 2-Mechanism of the dis, 3-Diagnosis and 4-Principles of management. Only you can determiine what is your weakness. I am not making this up and neither am I very smart man and I will tell you where to go to find this and hence follow it for the next time success.

Go to http://www.usmle.org/step2/intro.htm , then click on every topic and see what they expect you to know and follow it. I know you have done UW before, do it agian and this time make notes of everything you dont know in a way that when you can go back and refer to it it would make sense. Or make additions to your First aid, which is all I recommend for this stage that you are at righ now.

Get started tomorrow and remember you didnt fail because you couldnt pass, you failed because you didnt know how much you didnt know. GL and let me know if you need more help.
thanx i really appreciate ur kind words.as per my understanding its the CVS and resp q's that make me confused,esp cardio,iam starting doing UW again,and will be reading kaplan material again but this time in a fast mode.and i'll check the link u posted to me.
thanx man.i'll keep in touch with u.
You're welcome and it looks like you got it under control. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »