Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Pathology11 - yangu
On the LOR cover sheet, there is one space for "specialty (ties) the applicant apply for". What do i put in there if I have more than one or I am not sure yet. Is it OK to put "general" or even leave it blank there?
some people put general..others put all the specialties they are applying...the idea is if you put general, the letter writer writes a "general" LOR which fits to all..If you want to apply only surgery or any other specialty, you should make sure to write the specialty you are applying (in my highest opinion!) so that the LOR would contain something about your surgical skills how much you are interested in doign surgery, how surgery would be suitable for you...so the writer would personilize for surgery application...

good luck, yangu....
Thank so much, Pathology11!
I am interested in IM, but want to have a backup specialty (not sure yet between Pediatrics and Pathology). My LORs will be from cardiologist. I guess the letter are more focused on IM. Do you think I should put PD or pathology on there?
yangu,

How many letters you have so far? if more than 2-3 general, the cardio letter could be more towrds IM...

otherwise, make it general so you can you for pathology and peds as well.

good luck
I will have 3 at least, all from cardiologists. Should I put general in all them, or some general and some just IM?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »