Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What reason to give for leaving PhD for residency. - stochasticity
well stochasticity, you can point out that you have passed your mph and that you have participated in researches and stuff within the course and outside the mph course. this should be evidence enough that you would in the same way be committed to your phd. however given the circumstances which they should understand, you would prefer residency, and in fact what you have learnt from mph and being a phd candidate will help you with residency. besides you can always do that phd later but would not leave it till you have secured a position in residency.
so you can say unless you have secured that position for me by way of prematch or being matched next year in march, there's no reason for you to leave your residency. only after the position is secured would you move to do the appropriate stuff to do
sounds palatable to me....dont know about the pd...thanks...
i mean there would be no reason for you to leave your phd only if the position is secured. that would be your answer say if they ask you what would you do if we not gonna give you the position - then say you would still continue with your phd and apply again next matching season.

i left for a year from my current workplace, so i better defeat my own demons before applying anywhere hehehe. should they inquire it shows here you had a gap, what happened, then i say i was mentally ill. but now am back at work hehehe. this is some means to state that i could work in my own backyard and wouldn't ditch the program halfway for a tour around the world hehee
not even that i am leaving here for the money that entails with working as a doctor in the usa. perhaps in many years to come but not after training
the supposed training hehehe
it has to begin with iv and getting matched (or prematch while interviewing). then petition for visa, then registerinig, then beginning of training around july every year
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »