Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your advice.. - koolmd
In UW they say to do PE of thryoid, reflexes and ascultation for hearts and lungs for depression patient..Is it enough to do PE in Real usmle exam.
Please out your input if your following and plus who have passed exam doing/following UW for PE.
Please let me know my exam is close n getting really nervous
Thanks!!
check the eyes for pallor...and the above mentioned...in depression..there is a lot of history questions that kill ur time....u have to know the real cause y they r depressed...they behave sleepy..i mean drowsy...as if bored...
and then comes the counselling part which is crucial for them....create confidence that they r not alone ..u r here to support ...u will have time just enough to do those in PE..
passed recently....first attempt..
Aesulpian1: thank you very much..What did you study? Did you study UW+FA?
I was confused about doing PE on depress pt, when I checked in FA said basically do everything abt CNS, head, neck and other system as well. So thought to look into UW's PE and saw they have few stuffs to do on patient compare to FA and its make sense....Do you recommend if I do both at same time UW + FA.
koolmd:
when a depressed patient says i have fatigue..u need to do motor strength...if u feel they have suicidal ideation...u need to ask judgement question..wat wil u do if u see fire coming out of the basket....thats where cns comes into picture...
follow first aid...but u world tells u the basic things which u SHOULD NOT FORGET TO DO..whereas fa tells u everything u need to do....
i prepared fa live 4 times on my husband(IT)...like a real exam...everything was suspense for me..he used to put slip outside the room ...timed including patient note...with a feedback from him...he is ordinary patient but tells me if he likes this doc or not...
i went thru uw 2 times made a note of special cases ,which r not in fa,went thru the notes 1 day b4 the real exam...
hope this helps...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »