Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A LOR template - xtopher
For those of you doing an observership with someone who does not write many LORs, here is a LOR template made from several letters that I reviewed. Hope this is helpful.

It is with great enthusiasm that I am writing in support of XYZ ABC’s application for a position in your internal medicine residency program. XYZ waived his right to see this letter.
We were quite fortunate to have XYZ rotate with us as an observer for a month in July 2011 on the general medical wards. Although our institution places restrictions on observers regarding physical contact with patients, XYZ communicated effectively, efficiently, and respectfully in the manner of a confident and experienced physician. He seemed more comfortable talking about patients on rounds than either of the interns on the team. XYZ really enjoys helping people. Above and beyond the compassionate and competent care plans he suggested, he continually offered helpful pearls to team members and nurses. Secondly, XYZ loves confronting the complex problems that arise in internal medicine and has the analytical skills to do so.

I have come to know XYZ during the month we spent together on the inpatient service. During this time I had daily contact with XYZ and can attest to the fact that he is a most deserving candidate for residency training. During the rotation XYZ performed in a truly outstanding fashion. His comments on rounds showed a detailed and meticulous thought process. His clinical judgment was excellent, his assessment were thorough and appropriate. I became very confident of XYZ’s clinical acumen with a superb fund of knowledge, excellent problem-solving skills and boundless energy and enthusiasm. He was valued by the other members of our Medicine team, as tremendously committed to patient care and learning, and delightful to work with.

I think XYZ is very well suited to a career in internal medicine with or without further subspecialization. I consider him to have an excellent academic future based on his approach to clinical medicine, his communication skills, and his interest in teaching. In summary, I regard XYZ as an excellent candidate for any of the highly regarded programs to which he is applying and would be pleased if I were to learn that he had been recruited to stay at our institution.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if additional information would further strengthen XYZ’s application to join your program.

Sincerely,
Dr. Yadda Yadda Yadda
can u help with a template of lor for a research candidate........ thanx in advance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »