Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion with LOR and AAMC ID - 100cats
Hi...I am an IMG...I have a big confusion..I am planning to apply for 2013 match, ie will start the application process next year..I have got an observership in May2012..
I am afraid that if dont have the aamc id in hand by May, then they cannot mention the AAMC ID in the letter.
I am also confused as to whether I should waive my rights to see the LOR..But that would mean that I will have to request them to send it in September 2012.But by then they might have forgotten me..In this context I have following doubts...

1. Do i have to get the ERAS token this year just for the sake of getting AAMC ID so that attending giving the LOR can fill it in when I get the LOR in May 2012?

2. Will it be better if i get the LOR as soon as I finish my observership and send it myself in september or waiver the right to see it and risk the chance of me being forgotten by the attending and not getting a proper letter?

i am very confused..Please someone guide me...

Someone please help me...
1- you don't need the aamc id on it, you can manually add it later as well to the LOR.
2- if you want it uploaded this year and saved, you need to buy eras token, fill dsf and cover leter and give them to the writer, fill in the eras and creat a slot and on sept 1st assign and apply to 1 program to get your LOR saved, even if you are not planning for this match.
@applicantguider....but my observership is next year...
Hi...I am an IMG...I have a big confusion..I am planning to apply for 2013 match, ie will start the application process next year..I have got an observership in May2012..
[congrats]

I am afraid that if dont have the aamc id in hand by May, then they cannot mention the AAMC ID in the letter.
[you can add it later]

I am also confused as to whether I should waive my rights to see the LOR..
[better to waive as it is considered to be more unbiased review of the applicant]

But that would mean that I will have to request them to send it in September 2012.But by then they might have forgotten me..In this context I have following doubts...
[unlikely to happen if you keep in touch and remind them about the LOR, better still have them prepare it but ask them to send it when you are ready]

i am very confused..Please someone guide me...
Thank you very much mleresidencytips...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »