Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we maximize our exam experience positively - samideb12
I took the step 1 already. Let me share my experience. I have left a lot to read till test day. I was anxious cos u know, like here, most test takers say they finished FA several times, they did UW twice, thrice, they listened the video several times like that, At that time, i havn;t finished FA till end, i just finished UW once, like that. But let me tell u don;t listen others. Everyone has his or her own way of study. So Finally i took NBME four times to build my confidence and when the scores come out similar, i thought i m ok. i m ok whole day( one day before exam ), i read calmly whatever i want to read, But in the evening, whatever i read, i don;t understand and finally i decided not to read more, and then went out with my family and sleep earlier. I leave all in GOD's hand.
U know, one day without study can;t change yr life, we did study a lot already,
Ya, when i start the first block, i m shivering, i couldn;t hold the mouse properly. But thanks God, mind is not blocking.
Well, ya let me suggest u to take prometric sample test a week ahead or so, it can make me a lot comfortable in test room environment and can make me concentrate more. and also it can reduce my stress. Cos on Sample test day, i was not nervous, i think so, but my mind is block at all, i couldn;t even think what is written. Lets say I read a question, then when i reach last sentence, i forgot the facts or clues given at the start. Its reallly bad situation. i thought to postpone my test day. But later on i didn;t do that cos of NBME scores. But that practice session exam helped me a lot. its worthy for me to pay 52$ there.
On break time, Ensure helped me a lot, easy and quick to take and high calorie in one bottle.
What i decided before getting into exam is what can make difference in scores if two students have same knowledge level. Of course, almost every student can;t take well in first block cos of anxiety. So if i want to b a head higher than them, so its a great way to beat them in first block, isn;t it? I tried it and such thought helped me a lot.
Think ahead how u will use the extra time in every block, i missed to think that. Have a very good luck to u all.
Khushi, would you please tell us about your scores in NMBES and also in the exam...
In the way we answer questions: I think 'one hit ' and going to the next questions until the block ends may be better than going back and back for revision.I was researching on my latter and when I was revising going back to questions already answered,my scores often go lower....how do you see this?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »