Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is courtesy interview? - cheila9271978
There is no such thing as courtesy interview. If a PD does not want you in their program then they would not even bother to invite you in the first place. I know a PD that refused to grant me iv because he said that there is no point for me to Iv with them because they wont rank me high, despite the fact that I have a strong contact in that program. So the bottom line ,if you have an Iv just make the best out of it. Its a 50:50 chance. Give it your best shot.
@almustafa, docoo
i would agree with you for a regular decent program, but it is not true for low tier community based programs. I just got done with a courtesy interview. My contact even asked me whether I want to be invited or not as I will not be ranked. I went there to get some practice. My interview went really well, but even then I know I will not be ranked there. That program is a one man show - it is well known that most interviews there are a formality and the PD ranks who he wants to. I know a recent graduate who could not even interview there as his B1 visa was approved after his scheduled interview, and guess what? He matched - his dad was the PDs classmate in his country. There are many programs where this is true (especially with indo/pak program committee).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »