Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEST UR PHYSIO here.... - kindmd
The functional properties of isolated strips of skeletal and smooth muscle were compared in an experimental setting in vitro. Each muscle sample was stimulated electrically and caused to contract. When comparing muscle mechanics, which one of the following statements comparing smooth muscle to skeletal muscle is correct?

A. Duration of contraction was longer in smooth muscle
B. For equal total loads, oxygen consumption was greater in smooth muscle
C. Force generation over a smaller range of preloads was observed in smooth muscle
D. Force of contraction per unit cross-sectional area is smaller in smooth muscle
E. Initial velocity of shortening with the same total load is faster in smooth muscle
No one ?
Honestly, have no idea. I always disliked questions like this. I am easily confused. Well, I guess I know now what I need to read before my night time.
A ??
LOL..@ lovetest...I agree...I do dislike this kind of questions too...But they r just one of those realities tht we have to face...

Yeah it's A !
slower rates of myosin cross-bridge cycling produce a longer duration of contraction in smooth muscle.
thanks for sharing kindmd i really don,t know that.
Could you please share with us the explanation for the other choices when you have some time?

Thank you so much for your hard work to post questions from which we all benefit
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »