Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS NRMP transparent? - azeb
Don't ask me, what went wrong with me. Virtually PM is over and only few applicants remind in their way to wrap up their last interviews. So let's chew the fat and explore NRMP till most of us get unanswered question about NRMP.

...For instance I demanded NRMP to be as transparent as notifying each applicants in personal email how low and how high is he/she ranked in a program or mention neither ranked at all. This doesn't harm either the applicant, the program or the NRMP......BUT SPEAKS A LOT ABOUT THE ALGORITHM WHICH MY FRIENDS WERE ARGUING ABOUT.

What about you? How and in what circumstances and extent do you need the NRMP to be transparent.?
may support your view.
may you be blessd because that is exactly my understanding. if they have nothing that is hiden from IMG let them to published everything clearly. OR simply email the candidate complete rol of both side of matching algotihim list. Then it will be clear. B
Ut no, they will never do it, other all IMGs will see the true of how this so called fare-algorithm is actually help all amgs to get in!
If they do this, they might as well reveal to programs how there were ranked by the applicant. There are applicants that tell all programs they ranked them high.
ok so why then is it publish that match is favour of the candidate? then it is not true isint it not? if it favour the candidate then send to email each of the cnadidate the full ROL matched list - so that we the favour side will see everthing crystal clears.

bottom line, is to make the ROL they way you think is smart way and then wait for match day.
azeb....The information you are demanding about the program's ROL is the programs proprietary/confidential information about how it evaluates the candidates for its available position based on the programs criteria. And is different for each program.

NRMP is just a mediator between the Program and the Candidate.

You are begging the wrong door. Just ask the program directly the information that you need. If you do not match, ask the program that you have interviewed at , why they did not rank you and what factors were they looking at.

You and Hold are something.... You are thinking of the match algorithm too much.....and trying to find a flaw in it...... if you wish to improve the algorithm or really find a flaw where its disadvantage to both the program and candidate , please do so and send it to NRMP.

One straight question... Instead of demaing NRMP, do you have the balls to ask the program what their ROL is?
thank your for your good and fare point. but then you have fallen in trap of your statement. Is it program who create this computer program? No i don't think so. So whoever create it and then make publish that it favour candidates should please show the proove.
But than reality is it is never going to happen because then the truth will comes out.
Prematch

Why do you prefer to tell tall tale?
....Please try to live with truth we know...let alone programs to tell us How high they ranked you in the ROL, they don't pick up phones to schedule our interviews and nor respond appropriately for emails of our concerns

Your analysis about NRMP is rather a paralysis.....first ask your self WHAT IS RIGHT? asking NRMP to be transparent.
...I share my own view, I say my own VIEW since I have a growing concern about NRMP MATCHING....on this respect I am knocking the right door. It is rather you who mix facts with fictions and resort to conspiracy theory,......rather deal how and to what extent NRMP is transparent? This is a legitimate question and being a human being suffice to ask such question
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »