Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help, please - muffin
I just got a letter from a pd, it said "...and you certainly made a very favorable impression during your interview. we are most interested in having students, such as you, continue their training with us and wer are also confident that our program will provide you with an excellent educational experience in medicine if you choose to continue your training wiht us...."

what does the letter really mean? Does anybody else get similiar letters? thanks
If you want to go there, write them back, saying that you want to continue your training with them, because you came to understand that they are interested in educating you to become an excellent physician.

This letter really means, that they would like to rank you high but they would appreciate a further assurance from you.

Hope that helps - you have to see the whole note writing stuff as some sort of dance, where you sometimes have to react to some cues and sometimes give some cues.

But, as I mentioned, this letter is in your favor, so make up your mind and let them know.
Usually PDs are not monsters but truly interested in hiring good matches for their program, ok?
Thanks a lot, neh05. I did write an email back to the PD showing my strong interest in joining the program, but no further response so far. I think I have to wait to see what is going on.
You can even call them and see how your application was received at their end. Tell them you will definately rank them high and was wondering how they felt about your application....good luck
Hi, muffin:

As I understand, match is a game. Unless you really screwed up in interview, the PD will write you a letter saying you are impressive, blah, blah. According to my experience and my friend's, I think the letter you received from PD doesn't mean much. Of course, PDs are different. Sometimes PD really want a reassurance from you, like neh05 said. You already did email. I am sure the PD has already received it. I don't think you need do more, because sometimes might make PD think you are a nuisance.
Hi ws,
Thanks for your information and good to know. Anyway, all I can do now is to cross my fingers or whatever I can.
any other comments or suggestion? thx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »