Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMG wife needs an opinion - fmgwife
you are right!
I did my rotations in NY hospitals, u mind sharing the names? Also did u end up clearing step 3 again?
why didn't you apply to FM when you yourself this that it could have been a best shot ..
said that*
sorry someone else said that , but did you apply to FM programs ?
No, didn't apply to FM.
step3 passed.
Good luck to everyone for MATCH 2014!!
I can understand what youre going through. I think if he hasnt gotten any interviews this year, unfortunately it wont get too much better next year. Even if he improves his clinical experience, the 2 big factors are score and year of grad and year of grad gets worse each year and score doesnt change. If I were him, I'd look into Physician Assistant programs because they earn good money (around $90,000/year depending on where you live), its only 2 yaers, and you are doing almost exactly what you wouldve been doing as a physician just with less responsibility. Gl with whatever you decide.
Hi FMG wife,

I understand your situation. I would like to tell you that he is not alone in this situation. A lot of FMG are suffering the situation like you. We don't know who should we blame to.

Being a doctor in USA is not the end of the life. I understand that every FMG have this dream.

Sometime whatever effort you made it, nothing happen to success. It is not your fault but you did try. I am sure He did his best with his possible circumstance.

He need a break right now. You said he is working in a cardiology clinic. Do they pay him good? If it is okay pay, just accept it and continue working on it. If they don't pay good enough, look for a better job in research or other clinic who might pay more. I want him to concentrate on finding a better job to get less stress for family and himself.

When he get the better job, then try again step 3 with job. At that time, he will have some income and less stressful for himself and supporters. During this time, he should keep apply again. Noone knows your fortune, they might have more residency slots in the future.

So he will have some income and still have some hope for the future. Hope this advice is helpful to you!!!

GL to you!
all of your opinion is really appreciated.
@daliya- thank you for understanding.
I have been very supportive in his journey and will always support him no matter what.
I guess we really have to sit down on this matter and discuss all our option.
I would probably suggest for him not to give up on his dreams but have a back up plan so that he will have a fallback.
FMG wife, has your husband considered applying to the D.O. medical school in NY which takes foreign medical graduates and they have successfully graduated many FMGs from the programs who were able to get residencies? It is a 4 year program but it is worth it. It is called EPP (emigre physician program). Please google that and pass the info to your husband. He still has opportunities to pursue his dream.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »