Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i think im done - itsover2005
hello first time poster, long time lurker

congratulations to all that matched

this is my 4th match 2005 YOG step1 (195) 1 step2 (205)2 cs (passed)1 step3 (215) im a GC holder.

i have observed in different clinics, had observerships/externships in different hospitals throughout the years and worked as an informal PA in a primary care clinic. Worked in healthcare related office jobs in between these observerships/externships to have the funds to drop everything and run to the next lead.

I applied to FM this match only to a few programs because of YOG. had 1 interview and it was in the hospital i did 3 months of externship, had a couple attendings even recommend me to the PD while i rotated.

unfortunately i did not match, i really thought i would get in this year, but i guess it didn't work out again. I literally had everything riding on this last match, my resources, emotions everything I had left, i gave it all. I'm spent now, I'm not sure what to do from here.

This is the only field I know, yet my heart tells me that I have to stop chasing this dream and finally succumb to reality.

This hurts real bad, I guess thats why I needed to vent somewhere.

never give up hope!
we lose only when we give up
reevaluate your application and the options available, have a back up plan but dont give up
i didnt match either i know it feels bad but i have seen older grads match
ur GC is a plus,u have pushed up ur step 3 score, done observerships etc
lets focus on d positives and move on to the next step
Dude, work on publications AND most importantly, show up at Family Medicine meetings/events.... at National Level.

I know someone who got over 5 IVs from PDs for FM at a national conference.... like the PDs tasked his name and AAMC at the spot !
appreciate all the encouragement, i will try to get in touch with some of the old imgs who matched here as well, i have run out of contacts, and with that YOG, and 1 attempt, my application will never be looked at, unless someone in the program actually vouches for me.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »