Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colon CA - april17
biopsy report is saying that the tumour has been taken out even beyound basement membrane so why intervention again

but folowup 1 yr is still late

i
1 year is not late to me at all.

When do you want repeat colonoscopy? Why sooner than 1 yr?
Prof ericz, I think colonoscopy is done yearly at that age. That is under normal circumstance. But this patient's circumstance is no longer normal. This is , perhaps, why we exercise some doubt. One year is prettly long for a patient that has a case of colon carcinoma irrespective of the differentiation status. Alibism
alibi,

No one get annual colonoscopy normally at any age or even for this pt. Every 5 yrs if normal. If have polyps removed, the next colonoscopy is in 3 yrs.
in that case you are right
A -Colonoscopy in 1 year- is correct. Depth of invasion and adequacy of excision primarily determine the decision regarding further surgery. Without vascular or lymphatic involvement, this excision is complete because the risk of recurrence or metastases is very low. Another endoscopy should be performed on the patient in 1 year.
B's incorrect. Excision of the base of the polyp is unnecessary because of the lack of invasion seen on pathologic examination. D is wrong too. E-Destruction of the base is not necessary, In addition, the increased risk of bowel wall necrosis with fulguration makes this option even less desirable
C -Flexible sigmoidoscopy/1 year is incorrect. Follow-up colonoscopy is indicated. Re-evaluation should not be limited to the region where the polyp was discovered.

tx dr ericz u r rite,b is obvious wrong choice i didnt read the q carefully b4.
i think A is fine as it is well diff adenocarcinoma with no extension into baement membrane and the polyp is out so the only thing needed is close follow up with colonoscopy...i could be wrong though...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »