Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need your help - totaa
what does mean by hands on clinical experience, and where i can get it? i am in ny now
please any idea i am old graduate >10 years with attempt and no one Iv , so i try to improve my cv may it work in the future
i appreciate your help
It's either when you are in medical school, you rotate at any US hospitals or after graduation I believe its called an externship. Most likely you have to pay. Observership and shadowing do not count as hands on experience.
thank you frontallobe
but i am not student any more , i graduated long time ago
but if you have idea where i can begin look for externship?
Being an old grad is a major disadvantage in this competitive season. Scores are not enough, let alone a second attempt. It is very important what you've done since graduation.

Here are some suggestions by which you can maximize your chances to getting into residency;
* Get high scores on step 3 if you've not completed this
* Try to get the hands on experience: there are some universities/hospital that offer observorships try to find about them - plan ahead, it may take months t of finalize.
* If this doesn't work, there are for-profit agencies that coordinate this like americlerkship; they charge alot of money for couple of months externship (up to $8k).
* try to contact local doctors/charities/hospitals and ask for opportunity for volunteering
* try to get a work in clinical research at a local hospital or university - and ultimately try to publish the work
* get letters of recommendation from American physicians, best if they are in your desired specialty (usually this is after you get to work them for a while)
* Ask your friends/contacts who are currently in residency or who can influence to advocate for you and push your name
* GET TO KNOW PEOPLE who can advocate for you

Good luck to you, old grads, and all
@ oakramble,

Thanks for ur sound advices! That' d be v much helpful for those who needs. Could u pls say a bit more about the clinical research? & about the publishing part , how to, etc ....if u don' t mind ??
Thanks a ton!!
@ oakramble
thank you sooooo much for your advice . i appreciate that
have a nice day
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »