Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i stand a chance? - isitworthit
I am a FMG over 6yrs all steps passed in 1st attempt 80/82/76. No USCE but have more than 3yrs research exp with pubs. No green card. Applied 3 years. Hardly 1 interview each time, never matched. Anyone has any suggestions? Do I stand a chance in US residency or is it worth it at all.
c'mon, somebody say something. Are there anyone with a similar story but successful?
you definitely have a chance.There are people who scored in the 90s and fail to match and others in 70s and 80s and matched.so it really depends on what you want to study.If you go for IM,FP,PED in a community hospital and add to it USCE, i think you'll be able to match.I did not match with 4 IM interviews and if i can recall they kept asking me about USCE, and there was on FP that i applied to(but did was not called for interview) and the pc personally mailed me and told me that i would have been very suitable for them but that my lack of usce was my limiting factor.I think they were interested in me not because of my scores but because of research and mph that i have but no usce.so try and get usce and you should be okay.Apply wisely and pray too.
Thanx thunder. I applied for IM and path all university based places. I should have tried for FM too and to community places. I is not all that easy to find a place to get USCE if you do not know anyone here. This is all very frustrating
I know its tough finding a place to obtain a usce, but you just have to be very aggressive.I am in CT and started sending out mails for usce as soon as i was told 'sorry you did not match', and immediately i sent out the 1st letter to a prof of intervention cardiology, he outrightly rejected my application telling me that he is always very busy.I have compiled about 20 hospital names and I dont have to mail anymore but rather go there and lament to them about my plight.
This is the way to go and we can do it.
hi thunder i really admire ur courage an d aggressiveness... its really good but what i want to know si what visa are u on and what you need to apply for usce... lemme knwo i didnt getthrough the match and the scramble.... thanks in advance
dont give up, persistence is key
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »