Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology Residency in California - usmle12345
I'm an old graduate from 10 years back. I then did residency in Pathology and fellowship as well. I have research experience in US for one year. I'm a green-card holder. Credentials: 89/97/CS PASS all first attempt. One LOR from US Physician and two LOR from my country. One publication.

I applied late this year since I did not have my ECFMG certificate till Feb. Interviewed three hospitals in Southern California but did not match.

Can anyone advise on what should I do further. I'd like to pursue Pathology residency in California. Do I stand a chance still or should try Internal Medicine as well. Can I hope for a match in California or should I apply on the east coast?

Thanks in advance..
I think it is more difficult to get Path in California. There was an incident in UW a couple of years ago that made west coast programs kind of reluctant to take IMGs. I think that if you really want path, you should apply all over unless you are really geographically limited then you might consider other options i.e. IM or FP. BTW, try to get step3, path like people who pass step3.

I'm not discouraging you. This is just an input. Good luck.
Thanks for the input. Can you please tell me about the incident you mentioned? I'm geographically challenged due to family circumstances. Do you know any programs who might want to offer pre-match positions on the east coast? Being a Pathologist is it easy for me to apply to other specialities like IM of FP? I'll now try to clear Step3 and hope for the best. Thanks again..
usmle12345..where did you get interviews?
I got interviews at uci,ucla harbor and loma linda.got positive feedback from harbor and uci.Both PDs and faculty said that i had a good chance.i could not get interview from usc as i got my step 2 cs score on 23 jan and they do not invite without ecfmg certificate.How is usc? do they accept fmgs now a days? do i have a chance at usc in 2007?Are you a fmg or Amg?besides taking step 3 what else should i do?
I got interviews at uci,ucla harbor and loma linda.got positive feedback from harbor and uci.Both PDs and faculty said that i had a good chance.i could not get interview from usc as i got my step 2 cs score on 23 jan and they do not invite without ecfmg certificate.How is usc? do they accept fmgs now a days? do i have a chance at usc in 2007?Are you a fmg or Amg?besides taking step 3 what else should i do?
Hi,
I am also an old grad and would like to stay on the west coast due to family resasons. I was wondering if any of you know on how to go about getting the California letter for application
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks a lot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »