Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
about research - drkhan
please anyone tell me that if i woked with any research team and if i want to personally publish my work,is it possible?i mean its necessory that my company publsih my work or simply i just printout my work and represent in interiew.
plz guide me,i have no idea that how can i publish personally my work b/c since 2 yrs research is continue in my company and still not publish anywhere.
thanks
plz anyone reply
hi drkhan. where u from? Smile
plz anyone knows,help me
hi bill,
actually iam in ireland,here i wirked in company as a volunteir,they r researching HIV [exposure in different communities who r immigrant in here]so research is continue and here i am doing go to communities and ask qs and than write down data.so i think its useless job b/c in this job i have no advantage,so plz tell me if is it possible to get any benefit from this type of work.
thanks
dude, when you started working for them, do you remember signing a contract, with a clause regarding confidentiality and work ethic? 'cos if there was one, you can't just take the data and republish it elsewhere. even if there wasn't a contract/specific clause, it's still a team effort, and you can't just analyzed and submit for publication, without consulting everyone else on the team (unless you're the lone lead investigator).

also if you think about it, the research community is pretty tight-knit. especially on specific issues such as yours. which journals were you planning to submit to? do you know if any of the reviewers or editors are your co-workers? 'cos that would be akin to shooting yourself in the foot, twice.

why not just have a chat with your mentor. talk about why were you hired in the first place? mention you want to get publications out and if there's there anything you can write up now.
thanks quirky ,
yes ur right,actually they told me that research continue and the duration for this research is 5 yrs and only 2 yrs passed but ur right thay not allow me to do this.
i think all my efforts r usless b/c i have nothing in my hands to show in my C.V,in c.v thay asked any publish research only?
anyways thanks for ur cooperation
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »