Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University at Buffalo - handsome88
So this program is 95% + IMGs. But it's a university program nonetheless. I don't mind the snow (I've seen worse). I've interviewed very early in the season (end of Sept) and forgot pretty much everything about the program.

So anyone knows anything about the program please share:
1) Ancillary staff
2) Faculty nice and supportive?
3) Reputation
4) work very hard or easy going?
5) Likelihood of matching Cardiology (last year only 1 matched from the graduating class, and 2 from chief years, seems like it's very important to do chief year?)
6) work environment
7) How would you rank it compared to Jacobi Vs. Baystate Vs. Houston Methodist?

Thank you!!!
Please anyone who knows anything from interviewing there before or knows someone who did. ROL is due soon and I don't know where to put this!
anybody?? please anyone who knows anything!
Its a good university program and as far as ive heard its quite competitive among the IMGs to get there. Why would you want to be at a community program like baystate instead of UB . (Although baystate also has all the in house fellowships and good owrk environment). But i would recommend ranking it above baystate and houston methodist (also another good community program). Not sure about jacobi , thats your personal call whether you like big city or a small city and weather.
Info on Schedule system (X+Y?), call...etc. Work environment, ancillary staff? Fellowship match rates?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »