Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbmes going down hill...what am i doing wrong? - stay_strong
hi all!
i am pretty shattered and clueless at the moment and need some sincere advice plzz..
i am an IMG and started step 1 prep 8 months ago..
my first nbme was 2 months from now and i got 220 (nbme 7). i thought thats fine since i dont remember micro and biochem very well now, so it will steadily increase and get better. but my scores have been going down hill from then on although i do know i remember more! next two nbmes were in 200s and the very recent one (nbme 16) was close.. although i have taken these last 3 nbmes 2-3 weeks apart each.
I dont know whats happening..either i dont know how to attempt nbme questions because i did fred and scored 82% and even then i knew i made silly mistakes. Or its performance anxiety getting the better of me. I have delayed the exam thrice. plz tell me what am i doing wrong? i have always been a high achiever but is it possible that usmle is not my game? i know for certain that i have left no corner unturned in terms of dedication and focus. So what's the problem? :'(
:'(
please , you are on the tract. The rule of USMLE IS " never surrender". it is your game. yes, you can do it. There is light at the end of the tunnel . You stay strong, motivated and prayerful.God bless and goodluck !
groupI :NBME 7,11,12 and 13 are same
group II : NBME 15 and 16 different harder and more predicted to the real exam
I don't know what happen but may be u account ur score on the last NBMEs
don't fire the next NBMEs. work hardly then take another
work hardly then take another NBME in groupI and if ur score good then one more hard review and take 15 or 17
also train ur self by taking 4 block uw every week twice or more
good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »