Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obgyn - alibi
You r welcome.
B is the correct answer.
amygdala, thanks for that excellent explanation. Alibism
oh amygdala you taught me two things with one explanation
to flood the system with rhogam which occupy the fc portion of antibody. so when fc portion of antibody is preoccupied with rhogam it will not be avalable for attaching to the platelets so that platelet will survive and ITP WILL BE CURED. FINE

GOOD JOB

APRIL 17 U ARE THE ONE WHO GAVE US THAT LIGHT/ TTHANKS /BUT LET US FORGET ABOUT MACROPHAGE HERE/ BECAUSE RHOGAM HAS DONE ITS JOB BEFORE MACROPHAGE HAS TO DO ITS JOB. NO KILLING NO MURDER AND JOB IS DONE PEACEFULLY BY RHOGAM.
thanks
Guys a clarification(checked this out cause I had some doubts)-
IVIG is pooled antibodies that attache to antibodies directed against platelets. These lead to a direct increase in platelet count. They are expensive. A relatively cheaper way(still expensive) way is to use RhoGAM. As you know these are antbodies to rh factor. What they do is they bind rbcs and divert the attention of spleen to destroying rbcs, rather than platelets. Thus there will be anemia in these patients and this method cannot help a spenectomized patient. Steroids can also be used for ITP.
Actually, RhoGam bind to the Fc Receptor on Macrophage...Guys, remember the" 3 little platelets & 1 big macrophage story" by Dr Fischer. Rhogam does NOT attach to Platelets, Djyoti.
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:PWe3...+of+Rhogam&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=9
"Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IV IgG)
mechanism of action: IgG occupies Fc receptors on reticuloendothelial cells resulting in improved survival of opsonized platelets "
I supposed the MOA of Rhogam is same as IVIG.
NOW I HAVE TO SAY SORRY TO APRIL 20

WHAT S THE SEQUENCE

AND TAKE BACK 16.03 MESSAGE

CAN I DELATE IT/ANY LUCK --KIDDING
Rh includes C, c, D, E, e. The most common is RhD.
No Djyoti, u always gave us very good inclusions. I'm grateful for that. For this cas, just a little difference in MOA, we all knew but we forgot.
Thanks for very good Questions, Alibi.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »