Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pediatrics vs IM Residency - drwhizpeds
HI GUYS,

I am just curious what's the difference between Pediatrics vs IM residency?
I mean apart from the area of interest?

What is the difference in terms of the difficulty in match for IMG every year, pay scale,
no of programs available, and so on..

Pls do answer if you have any idea, Thanks.
hey any views on that.

Pls do share. Thanks.
Work on doing your own research with respect to these questions. Probably why no one has responded.
Use FREIDA and matcharesident to find suitable programs. Not everyone is going to hold your hand throughout this process.
Maybe you should re-evaluate your suitability for American residency programs.
look here. http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2..._Final.pdf
@shadow74

If you don't know anything, just get off. You don't have any right to tell who is suitable and who is not for the american residency program.
@drwhiz, the type of questions you have asked shows that you have put absolutely no effort in researching anything by yourself and that understandably rubs many people the wrong way.
@drwhizpeds : You come to this forum without even doing the most basic research and demand that people spoon-feed you. Then you get belligerent when someone else tries to point out that you need to do more homework. Way to go Dr Whizzinator, LOL!
IM has more programs to apply to, I'm pretty sure. It is also supposedly a little less competitive for IMGs, but I assure you that is getting more competitive, as are other specialities like psych. And probably Peds too, by that token. Given how much harder it is for everyone to match year after year, you definitely will have to put in a lot of time researching this on your own.
@drwhiz, I was simply pointing out that throughout this process, you need to put in the time and effort to do your own research to find what is best for you.
And by the way, I am a resident in the US so I do have a sense of suitability for programs.
facts most img friendly peds progs prefer people with previous peds background like home residency.
less peds spots available vs IM spots.
amgs loving peds do apply for it even if it pays less in the long run, hence fewer spots from the small amount originally set.

and shadow is right, you cant expect us to spoonfeed you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »