Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
easy way to memorize monoclonal antibody therapy - nesoguitar
if it ends with (mab)..> means antibody therapy.
if it has (ali) in the name..> means it binds to the receptors..

1- omalizumab...> (ali) means binds to receptors.... it got (m) on it..>binds to Mast(M) cell receptors( also IgE which look like m when you flip it)
2-adalimumab..>(ali) means binds to receptors...it got (D)on it..>binds to Dumor (tumor) necrotic factor receptors(TNF)
3-Infliximab..>it got (INF in the begining)..>binds to INF(TNF tumor necrotic factor)
4-Palvizumab..> it got (V) on it...> anti RSV (got V on it)
5- abciximab..>it got (ABC in the begining)..> binds to IIB/IIIA
6-Trustzumab..>(trust)..>binds to HER-2 (can you trust her?? )
7-dacLIzumab..>it got (LI) on it...> binds to IL-2

if you have more please add them to the list
thanks nesoguitar....keep them coming ...! Smile
nice
thanks a lot...very nice
you have to trust her!!!!!
Thank you so much for that great mnemonics Smile ..... i really like it a lot they're easy to remember and even within the words ... i wish there were more drugs within the list..... try to find them in the net but didn't find anything so i think i just have to do my own mnemonics Big Grin
bevacizumab: I used to remember the V( anti-VEGF anitbody).
Eculizumab: I used the C in Ecu, Against complement protein C5
Alemtuzumab: FA gives Alymtuzumab rx for Chronic lymphocytic leukemia. (lym)
Cetuximab : I use the E in this to remember antibody against EGFR. (used in Colorectal cancers)
Rituximab: R for rheumatoid arthritis.
Natalizumab: its funny like Natali (a girls name) is in so against alpha 4integrin. rx for MS/ crohns disease.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much @bensha appreciate your help Smile
you know, i study it today before entering this forum and goes out with the same exact mnemonics (exactly the same Smile even Natali ) so when i read it I"m like OMG Big Grin

i found another web that helped me a lot in this subject so i thought i should share it so that it may help other colleagues :

http://usmle252.blogspot.com/2008/05/mon...-with.html

Regards

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »