Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please, Old graduate and Unmatched - paradise4
Hi,

I am graduated in 2008 in my country. worked there as a doctor and did research then came to the US and started doing research in two of the best institutions, 12 papers, 4 first authors, 12 posters, 2 awards for presentations. 2 observerships, many patient contacts due to my research responsibilitis. Got a green card recently.

My scores: step 1:206, CK: failed, 240, CS: 2dn attempts.

This cycle, 2020, got one interview at one of the programs I did research because of my connection there. They told me we were impressed by your CV! But I know my failures were red flags for such an amazing program. So, unmatched.

Any chance Post SOAP?

I cannot change the scores and YOG. In addition to step 3, please help me with what I need to do to increase my chance of being matched.

Thank you very much.
Which speciality you applied?
Internal medicine
As you are an old grad it will be a red flag for the application. But gaining multiple hands-on clinical experience will make the application better and can gain strong LORs.
As you have step 3 need to complete, get high score and gain lots of hands-on clinical experience in the specialty you will be applying for match to make the application strong and to gain strong LORs.
@santhosh: Thank you for your reply.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »