Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Need of Advice! - muchly
Hi everybody....

I have joined this forum bec. I'm in much need of advice right now. I'm scheduled to take the exam (step 1) on the 26th of this month. That only gives me about 10 more days to study!

I have read through the kaplan books, listened to the videos, & finished UWorld & did some of the Kaplan Q bank although not very many questions.

I took the free exam that they offer on the USMLE website at the actual prometric center and scored an overall of 76% which correlates to a 229. That was about 10 days ago. I've been doing only First Aid since then & took another practice exam yesterday (USMLE Assessment Form 1) and I got a 206. This exam was way harder than the one I took at the prometric center and for some reason I was really really nervous. I thought that maybe it was a bad test and so I took an NMBE today. I did NBME #6 and got a 203! I'm just really at a loss at this point & I'm feeling very much discouraged. I'm really tired of studying, and now I just feel lost & dont really know where to go from here.

Should I push back my exam? Should I just give it my all these next 10 days and just take it? If i decide to take more time to study, how do I go about it? I just dont know what to do....

If anyone is out there...I would love some advice....
Hey Muchly... I think you shud take a month more... i am kind of in a similar situation... and on top of it... having a lotttt of anxiety... You are almost there just that u need a good revision.. Go thru Uworld and FA properly... and systematically... review your deficient areas and reattend /reread from kaplan... It will take about 20 days time... so... go for it on say april 20th or so... and Dont be discouraged... Dont Just take it... One of my seniors told me... A year of a missed match with a delayed Step is better than a Low ..i meean less than 90 score on step 1...
Hi .... dont be dishearten and I completely agree with piroxicam ..... U should revise again and then take the exam ..... best of luck!!!
(03-14-2010, 08:47 PM)ArchivalUser Wrote: Hi everybody....

I have joined this forum bec. I'm in much need of advice right now.  I'm scheduled to take the exam (step 1) on the 26th of this month.  That only gives me about 10 more days to study!

I have read through the kaplan books, listened to the videos, & finished UWorld & did some of the Kaplan Q bank although not very many questions.

I took the free exam that they offer on the USMLE website at the actual prometric center and scored an overall of 76% which correlates to a 229.  That was about 10 days ago.  I've been doing only First Aid since then & took another practice exam yesterday (USMLE Assessment Form 1) and I got a 206.  This exam was way harder than the one I took at the prometric center and for some reason I was really really nervous.  I thought that maybe it was a bad test and so I took an NMBE today.  I did NBME #6 and got a 203!  I'm just really at a loss at this point & I'm feeling very much discouraged.  I'm really tired of studying, and now I just feel lost & dont really know where to go from here.

Should I push back my exam?  Should I just give it my all these next 10 days and just take it? If i decide to take more time to study, how do I go about it?  I just dont know what to do....

If anyone is out there...I would love some advice....

Don't be discouraged, you've come so far already! Remember, you're capable of overcoming any challenge. Keep pushing forward with determination! Good luck!   KinitoPET
bdnmd67 skype me if you need a study partner, and i agree, you need to be completely confident before you walk in for the exam, have you done any nbme assessments or the free exam given by the usmle?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »