Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what cases to expect in psychiatry wards - doc_doc
hi,
i am going to start my observership this monday in psychiatry.i have no prior exposure to psychiatry wards or out patient units....can anyone plz tell me what are the most common cases we encounter in the wards?..and i am just planning to read kaplan step 2 psychiatry book...is that enough to survive through the observership?any suggestions?any help highly appreciated.thank you
how did u manage to get this observership? Which state?
u should know schizophrenia, all types (chronic, undifferentiated, catatonic, disorganized)
bipolar disorder, I and II, bipolar with manic episode or with depressed type
Major depressive disorder, with or without psychotic features
bipolar disorder, with psychotic features
anxiety disorder,
panic disorder and panic attacks
instead of reading kaplan 2, read DSM IV-TR to know the diagnosis.
Read some book to know how to interview a psych pt. what are the drug contraindications and how to manage these drugs and most imp, never forget pt safety issues.
good luck
thank you very much for ur reply drdrdr.
This professor promised me that he would allow me to present a paper on the research he is presently involved with,if he is impressed with my work during my observership.So it is very important for me to perform well .can you plz suggest something so that i can prepare well and do my best?like what is expected from an observer,and what is he supposed to do during observership?
psycho cases of all kinds, drug abuse rules, read psychi exam, drugs...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »