Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visa issue ! - hithere
can a person on B1/B2 visa convert his/her visa to J1 without going back to home country ?
any kind soul , please tell.
No, you have to go back to your contry of origin or the embassy which granted you the B1/B2 visa
hello! I am now confuse because there was one who post here that says it is more difficult to apply in your country of origin and it is easier to apply here or rather to convert B1/B2 to J1. Please help, which is which?
The embassy that gave u the B1/B2 shd be able to give u the J1 or H1 visa.
I've also heard of pple going to mexico to get it .
In general, you may apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa, your nonimmigrant status remains valid, and you have not committed any crimes that would make you ineligible.

yes , georgemd ,i was also confused by that message thats why i posted this message.
dear brown flip , its still not clear from the link you gave. any spl. comments ?
Hi,

While in the USA you can adjust STATUS from B to J, but in order to get a VISA in your passport you have to travel outside USA and stamp it at an ambassy, wherever you like it - Canada, Mexico, homecountry...
The diff. of Status versus Visa is that ou can not travel outside USA without the visa.

Ask your lawyer about the difference.

GL.
yeah.. i think romdoc is right. you eventually need to get your passport stamped or else you can't go back to U.S. in the event you take a trip outside U.S. The visa requires biometric fingerprint scanning that's why you need to go to a consul at your homecountry for that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »