Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please guide me -
worried

But at the same time , i think this new requirement is a serious setback . Because ECFMG is not that fast . Suppose it gives our certificates to us in April. It might , u cannot rule that out . Then by when will you get your Step 3 results? In late May or June ? And what about H-1 visa if you want to apply for that . I am not going for a J-1 . This rule could cost us a year !
I at first was thinking of writing a protest letter to ECFMG. After all i had sent my medical transcripts to them not once before , but twice . Once with my steps application and once with ERAS . And even in the last few days i have faxed them my transcripts twice and to top it off i have gone to their office twice personally along with a fedex paper . I went to them last thursday, the lady assured me that they would send it that day. I went home satisfied . Then when i checked my fedex tracking number i found it had not been sent . I called them up and they did not know anything . I went to their office again on Monday and again gave them my account number.They have still not sent it .So beware of ECFMG . This simple thing can turn out to be very dangerous.
Rani

Well by calling 3 times in row they say in order to participiate in the match u just to let PD know that u pass "all" exam(Fair enough! according to them) & u will fax them ur certificate as soon as u get b/c it needs verification & infact they(Program) also have 1 copy of our medical school transcript. All u have to send them copy of ur CSA result(will also be updated by ERAS! HOPE SO) & For worried even if u have sent Transcript before Feb 1st they would not send it to Medical School as it was not the requirement as I send it too but they never send to school for verification b/c it was not the requirement plus ECFMG & ERAS are two different things.
plz help

rani ur point is noted. but the question here is about the h1 seekers who want an h1 visa.we cant apply for step3 if we dont have the cert..by the time we get our certififcation it will be around april/ may. and appling waiting... and then we will get our step3 permit.some where in may / june. we guys dont what to do.......!!!?????:-(
Mer

There are some ways u can expedite the process ( hopefully)-
1. sent a fedex prepaid slip with ur documents or if u have sent the docs mail the slip separately.
2. give ecfmg reminder calls that they have ur transcripts and request them to send them to ur school asap. it takes 2 weeks to get despatched and another 2 weeks to reach the school . fedex might save some time here.
3. if ur in the us send somebody from ur family/friends to get the verified "envelope" and fedex it back. that saves another 2 weeks.
The bottleneck lies in the documents being dispatched by them in the first place, where we might have to harrow them endlessly.
The oasis has become bizzare and shows some funny status notes- and remember its not updated regularly this time around.
Mer

Oh by the way I talked about the fedex earlier , but i do not totally understand how am i goin to send them a prepaid slip. I have an account with the fedex, can someone, i guess Worried, help us with this. will the fedex account number suffice or we have to send a prepaid slip to ecfmg? and finally how much does it cost if we just give them the account number for the mail. let us know.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »