Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Residents For Residency - busymomdoc
Hi.
I am starting an organization about us, the Legal IMGs with ECFMG certification.Over the last weekend I met with US Representative and Chairman of Homeland Security Mr. Peter King in South Asian Political Action Committee (SAPAC )luncheon where I raised the issue of the legal US. residents not getting residencies while IMG who need visas(who also happen to be having trouble getting visas) are making a mess of the matching process.So my point was that we as legal residents live here as law abiding citizens, paying our taxes and going through American medical systems by having routine physical exams or by being patients here, we better understand and better communicate American medical system so we fairly deserve preference over non legal IMGs who not only need visa but also need whole lot of back ground check and every thing which we do not need because as I said we live here, most of us have families,homes, proper credit histories.The other point I raised is when these nonlegal IMGs finish there residencies most of them have to leave the country as they are unable to secure visa sponsoring jobs, wasting $250,000-$300,000 of our hard earned taxpayers money on their residency training and leaving America's physician shortage in place.On the other hand we as legal ECFMG certified residents do not need sponsorship so we in fact save Immigration department thousands of dollars.I made page of Legal Residents for Residency.If you visit it and register on it and we can show the support we need we might get our voice and concern be heard.I also emailed Rep.King about it and he responded me by looking into this matter and find a solution
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread