Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my exam experience - mehak80
hi
cant believe i am over with my step1 exam. i had my exam today. i reached the centre at 7.30am and i started at 7.45am. regarding the people and the environment there, everything was very good. my exam had a lot of pathology, neuroanatomy and physiology. and if i say it topic wise i think 50% of the paper was diabetes, MI, and motor vehicle injuries and cts and mri.
anatomy as i told was mainly neuroanat. lot of CT and MRI and angiograms. some of them were easy, and some tough. i think kaplan and high yield neuroanat are sufficient for these.
physio ... many graphs. renal and endocrine was tested most.
there were qs from ANS also
biochem...my weak area was thankfully easy. mostly rate limiting enzymes , insulin- glucagon world, enzyme defeciencies.
molecular biology ws the toughest part for me. there were qs i had no clue. i cant even remember the qs properly now. some were ok too like anticipation, hardy weinberg calculation, and simple punnet square calculations.
pathology....know diabetes and MI well.lot of pictures and slides. hemat was easy. so was respi.
micro... was not tested much. most of it was bacteriology and mycology.
pharma.... easy.mostly MOA and resistance. antiviral and chemotherapy drugr tested heavily.
behaviour science... mostly doctor patient relationship. and mostly weird. i wasnt sure of most of them. there were few qs on personality disorders and defense machanisms also.
stats.... most of it was simple calculations but i didnot get few of them. mostly sensitivity, specificity, PPV, NPV. confidence intervals, type of study.
immunology...mostly interleukins. not tested much though.
overall i think 40%the exam is path, 20- 25% physio, 10% anat and rest the others.
ok guys it is of some help. please feel free to ask anything. i will glad if i can be of any help to anybody.
its a great forum. people are very helping. some of you are so extremely good that i think you are reday to break all usmle records. wishing everybody all the best for the exam and always. may God bless everyone.
mehak
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread