Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost hope. - zoonit
you should have been more practical in your approach. You know you have very low scores which you will never ever be able to change or improve. You should also have known that the cometition would be fierce and you stood a very low chance. Why to waste money on hundreds of application?

I mean you should have got more USCE, US LOR, research before applying and wasting thousands of dollars. I have 96/99/CS passed at first attempt BUT I applied to only 12 programs in IM. Why??? Becaues I got my CK result in December and I applied in December third week. And out of these 12 applications, I received denial in 11 programs because interview slots were already filled up. So at the end, I think I took a wise decision by not wasting three - four thousand dollars by applying in Late december. Though I wasted my one year by appearing in step 2 CK late, I am not a failure and no one can call me failure, even if I can not get in to residency for 30 years from now. This is my life and I don't care.

You still have chance, if you can get good USCE, US LOR or research. Start working in your application now for year 2010. Keep only one goal in your mind and keep reapeating one word all the time "I want to start residency in 2010, by hooks or crooks". Family Medicine is certainaly a possibility for you. IM would be litle tough without any contacts. GL and be patient.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread