Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just for f_m_g - lac
oh my God! i don't know where to start john2007. i've got step 3 coming up, but i'll just clarify a few for u (by the way, i have memorized most of the koran so i'm very familiar with these verses):
1... {A woman is worth one-half a man. 2:282} this is actually the longest verse in the koran and talks about an important concept in life/society: when u lend someone money, write it down, and have witnesses, to prevent any problems. and actually many problems occur in business when people fail to write things down officially. now a part of the verse says (this is a rough translation): "And call 2 male witnesses, and if they are not 2 men, then 1 man and 2 women" THIS IS NOT DEGRADING WOMEN IN ANY WAY because physiologically women r not as stable as men, they r more emotional (which is actually good in a way, cuz they r more caring/loving then men etc.). sometimes there emotions obscure their thinking and vision and so in Islam 1 male witness = 2 females.
2... {males inheriting twice as much as females} true BUT let me give u the COMPLETE ruling in islam: in islam, if both the husband and wife work, the money the woman makes is ONLY hers, and the husband has absolutely no right to that money, and the money the man makes is for him, his wife and family. also, in islam if the dad dies, the brother gets more than the sister, but he is responsible for the whole family, his sister is responsible only for herself. so in the end, it works out the same, if not better for women.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread