Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your openion - monad86
Apologise..could not reply at the earliest..
I am an IMG practising neurology since 2007.......Plans / fate changed the course and ended in USA.
Was not interested in the MLE's but had no option....struggled initially to stick my ass at a place.....gave all the steps initially in a rush....Step2 CK 99/ 260 ( prep - 3 months, exm - 26 March 2010 ), CS failed on the first attempt ( prep - 15 days April 13 2010 ....IInd attempt NOv 2010)......Step1 99/ 253 ( prep -3 months, exmn - July 2010 )...Step 3 99 / 231 (prep-2 months , exm - June 2011).

Tried in 2011 match...got matched to advance neurology at Nebraska, but had to leave the match b'cos I was not able to get the prelims internal medicine ( Applied to 42 Programs during this season )
Reapplicant for 2012... Applied to 96 neurology, 73 pelims internal medicine and 10 transitional year programs... waiting for the interviews..

I am neither happy nor proud of my scores...I was happy with what I was in my home country.

Here getting into a residency is more of planning ahead and getting into contacts with people who are into medical field so that you can get some externship / observership /research
I would say chances of getting into residency are contributed variedly ..... 25 % is scores......25% is your experience (USCE - Hands on experience, not just observership or research ).......50% is your luck ( what that means is a matter of guess and your interpretation...)
Getting into residency plan for 2 years.....around 4000 $ for exam fees and preparation material......atleast 6 months of externship ( 5000-7000$ through a online source ).......
2000- 4000$ for the application.......2000$ for attending atleast 4 interviews......lots of PATIENCE....
All the best
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread