Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will i ever be matched? should i apply this year?
(10-14-2021, 06:54 PM)samsyed7881 Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 12:29 PM)usmleaspirant004 Wrote: hello friends,
I'm an old IMG(2008 grad), With step 1 215, step 2 240, and cs passed( all in first attempts) with no visa requirement( H4ead); I applied thrice till now and I have 10 publications, but I could not go to any observerships this year and last year due to covid and my 1 yr old kid. Last year I applied but didn't receive any interviews, if I apply this year will it be useful?  like do I even get 1 interview or will it be like last year? also, compared to last year I have more publications this year, as I was doing research work remotely. should I leave this year and apply next year? 
with more than 10 years of graduation, I know my application will be filtered out at the beginning of the selection process. Can anyone advise what is the best thing for me to do and how to improve my resume further? Does anyone know any list of programs that can accept old IMGs? I'm looking for IM and pediatrics programs. Also, if you know any motivating stories of old grads matching please share them. Thank you all! Good luck everyone!

You should definitely apply. All people I knew who applied last year, got matched. One of those was 53 year old and was trying for many years.

That's inspiring! Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will apply.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: will i ever be matched? should i apply this year? - by usmleaspirant004 - 10-18-2021, 05:46 PM