Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@@@@@@@@@@@@abuse of immigration law@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ - thurkee
another view

can you imaging at this time, if more unemployments in the usa. can you imaging the burden the hospitals have to bear due to uninsurances. can you imaging, the cost the gov't has to pay for unemployment benefits? the consequence can be very detrimental.
here comes the qs of quality. U pls work on English spelling instead of writing these useless things here. U are supposed to be from an English speaking country,Sorry for unwanted advice. No offence pls.
Guest78 where ever u go u create i mean wats ur problem is we r trying to have nice n friendly discussion here and u come and start fighting cant u just stay off this post if u hate it and r worried......go someplace else.....why bother us innocent people.......who r just trying to help other Fellow Americans??????
umd - 11/30/08 03:09

How you can make change:
From an email I received recently:

"Friday, November 14, 2008, approx. 1:35 p.m. MST

Dear Friends,

For those of you still interested in filing suit against those who would deprive you of a residency position, I suggest you follow the procedure outlined to me by Mr. Alex MacLean, an attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice (USDOJ). He can be reached at alex.maclean@usdoj.gov

Mr. MacLean told me the following:
1) It is useless to try to sue the AAMC, the AMA, NRMP, ERAS, or Medicare, as they are not responsible for the hiring of foreign national phsycians or those on temporary visas over U.S. citizens and green card (GC) holders. The USDOJ will not sue them.
2) Any suits should be directed against the individual residency programs that have discriminated against you. So, start collecting your data on those programs that favor foreign nationals over U.S. citizens and GC holders, and spread the word! Once you have those lists, you can send them to DocRunaway and/or to alex.maclean@usdoj.gov
3) Please tell Mr. Alex MacLean that you would like to file charges. He will inform you of the procedure to follow. It is fairly easy, and it will cost you nothing.
4) It is useless to file charges if you have not been wronged in the last 180 days. In other words, in order to sue, the infraction must have occurred within the last 180 days. So, if you have not applied this year through ERAS, you cannot sue the residency programs through the USDOJ. It is not too late to apply through ERAS right now.

That's it in a nutshell. I have already filed charges. You should do the same. Best of luck, and spread the word.

Thank you
I think he has to learn more enkich to understand wht i wrote for them...Thurkee : why dont u FFFF*** out?
Smile they are busy helping others,no time for themselves.
I started this thread and some visa requiring IMG telling me in an animal langauge to leave my thread. How very un-American of him/her. This visa requiring IMG thinks that it is his/her born right to come to USA and displace Amercian workers. But again, his/her own country needs him badly and he/she wants to come to US ought to tell something.

I hope and pray that when he/she comes to an Amercian forum that he/she learns some American manners.
animal language not cool wonder which country's IMGs use this animal language in their own country and now tryin to use it here???
Another possible illegal activities by residency programs. GRADUATION YEAR CUTOFF regardless of USMLE scores. It is age discrimination, plain and simple. Many residency programs are giving preference to younger candidates (current graduates) than older candidates (older graduates) regardless of USMLE scores. A lot of residency programs will not consider applicants with high USMLE scores who graduated from medical school before 2003 or 2004. But they will consider applicants with low USMLE scores who are current graduates.

So you should find a good lawyer to sue the programs you applied with age discrimination if you are rejected because of your graduation year regardless of your high USMLE scores.
Job market is awful, but may get worse
Sharp jump in unemployment shows the economy is rapidly weakening

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28071887/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »