Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 2 CK prep-To be done in the next 2-3 months! - saisri99
Hey everyone! I hope you are all studying hard!!! I have been so busy finishing up this firehose of information in my last few weeks of prep. Take care of your body and mind as you move forward. Blessings!
Hi Saisri99,.your posts are really encouraging ...i have been preparing for ck since past 2 months ..started uw a month back and getting 40 -42 % correct ......looks like I have a long way to go...how many months of preparation did you put in for the exam?.. were u able to finish first round of UW in 3 months?!...All the best for your exam!!
@tchops, thank you! It's reaching close to 6 months now, may be a little less at this point. Finishing first round of uworld in 3 months is doable if you put in your full time into it and without any interruptions. It's not easy cos, at least for me, my brain easily gets saturated with repeated information (even though they design the questions in different approach multiple times), but try to take at least a day off on the weekends so you can integrate facts during relaxation time and get ready fresh for the week ahead. But, if you don't need any brief breaks, then good for you, go ahead with it. For me personally, I go for a run in the mornings so it kept me sane most of the time. Try to exercise whenever you get a chance, it helps with the focus as well as memory. I had some interruptions from my family early this year (which I couldn't avoid), but i am way past it and no regrets. My time is now and I am doing as best as i can.
Good morning!

Take little breaks, but not too long cos you have a to finish what you started; and only you can do it--- nobody can do it for you.

Great day studying!
Finishing up last few blocks of uworld.
Hi everyone and @Saisri... I m new here to ck.. if u don't mind can u plz suggest me the sources for prep, any videos available like kalpan? and the study schedule like what to start and how long it takes.. any suggestions from anyone is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Good luck everyone.
@sure7,

Recognize what study methods work for you; doing questions, reading notes/textbooks or listening to lectures. and then know what your weak areas/systems like cardiovascular, renal etc. Uworld is the standard q bank that no other source can beat, stepup2 medicine is a good reference book for medicine, and lecturio.com has good lectures for an affordable price of about $40/month. Take good care of your body and mind as you move forward, take breaks now and then to stay sane and continue to work on what you need to accomplish with consistency and don't forget to be compassionate towards yourself.

Good luck!
Hello everybody,

I hope your studying is going great!
Incredible post! Imagine, my student who started prep a little after you just scored 269 on the UWSA version 1. We are super excited to see what he gets when the official score report comes out.

If anyone needs help preparing for the ck, I have a study plan that I am pretty excited about. I have taken students with attempts to >250. Email me at deftdoctor at gmail dot com to discuss your goals.
Getting ready to be done with this exam soon. Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Have a great time studying and absorbing this vast ocean of knowledge!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »