Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Any help-I'm here to help you out! - roentgen
niceday :

I'd like to quote one very important Q-which you may use as a 'key' at many places
"Do you know any factor or cause which could be responsible for it"
so you can use it here also !

case bleeding -you mean epistaxis?
So ask:
Do you have any history of bledding disorder in your family?
Have you noticed small pin head purple spots beneath your skin?
Have you noticed easy bruisability?

Jugular vein distension-is a sign examined by physician not a symptom told by patient I feel!
what to tell the pt for Jugular vein distension:

I feel saying "I'm going to examine your neck" should be sufficient

but if you want to pin point say:

I'm going to examine your neck for any abnormality involving blood channels like any distension and I'd also listen to it(carotid bruit)
Thanks! Roentgen.
hi,
thanks for advice.
can you pls send me your printable version of notes.
my email is smydam.

and howmany times you practised, uw? fa?
howmany times do you advice me to practise.
@ROENTGEN
thanks for the reply and best of luck for ur result.....

that sounds good for the last 2 qs

regarding alcohol.....
a lot of people say that ask CAGE no matter whats the amount of intake...but if sumthing is +ive in cage...then counsel for drinking........and they also say that counselling shud not be done in every sp who drinks becoz it is normal in usa to drink...so first ask CAGE and if simthing is +ive then counsel
hi roentgen..dont we need to ask the following in all cases..they were missing in your notes..
COUGH
FEVER
NAUSEA
VOMMITING
SHORTNESS OF BREATH
RACING HEART
CHEST PAIN
SLEEP
HEADACH
TRAUMA
conTact
TRAVEL
TINGLING N NUMNESS
JOINT PAIN
RASH
Thanks in advance
hi. can u plz tell me where ur cs notes are. i cant find them. one file i downloaded..and it asks for a password. my email is doc.maan. Im grateful. Thanks
smydam
3 times atleast-I feel
sent U mail

zeeshan1248 -
UR are welcome
2 pegs in males/day and 1 pegs in females /day are taken acceptable and rather helpful ti raise HDL-and many SP's know that!If you start asking CAGE in all such patient it will waste your time.(and SP may ask you the same Q-Don't you feel it is accepatble quantity)The only concern is binge drinking and a set limit I feel.
Rest is your wish!

mledreamz :
Only PAMHUGS FOSS is applicable in all cases
If you ask shortness of breath in case of appendicites or tingling numbness in case of urinary symptoms or rash in case of angina -do U feel it will be acceptable or wise?
If you refer pg 17 of my notes I've mentioned Q's to ask in neuro case(Move from head to toe) so it involves almost all the Q's asked by you.This set of Q's may be used in case of fatigue,chest pain,head injury as per the need.
It is our discretion (common sense) which will allow us to use these Q's in a proper setting.
So if we ask all "review of system Q's" in every case-we will appear foolish probably-and moreover not be able to manage time.
Mind it what I told in my notes (refer pg 8) following a specific check list for every case by memorizing it may lead to failure as you are thinking all the time about next Q to ask.Try to internalize them and be conversant enough to use a specific set of Q whenver it is appropriate!(Being a doctor we shud have such a common sense - I hope)
Next Q often comes from answer of SP!
Hope this will serve your purpose.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »