Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q bank log blog. - bugguy19
Bugguy ..hv u taken any nbme so far ?what was ur first nbme ?
I wanna join the competition here. I Promise to take nbme 7 with u in dec end as u want. I will hv atleast 5 subjects done by that time . Plz remind me to take that nbme with u Smile I will be ur tail here too..hahaha
Hi reminemi , glad to see u Smile your more than welcome to join , just study hard and save 60 $ Smile

We didn't decided yet what exactly nbme we will take by end of December because both cvd and rush wanted to take nbme soon because if the get the score they want they gonna take the exam before end of this year .

For me its sure am taking my next nbme by end of December and iwanna make it like a competition to get the feeling of med school where we all compete Smile

I made big mistake by taking my 1st nbme in September before I finished uw and fa then I made the stupid mistake again by taking another nbme in October again before finishing uw and fa so both nbme was terrible

nbme 11 280/181

nbme 12 260/177

but the +ve side of this horrible experience is that I get tp decide to cancel my exam and completely changing my plan to ward more Qs more Fa more consolidation , so by December I should finish all my subject + uw online + Kaplan q banknoff line +FA FA FA FA FA FA FA FA FA FA FA Smile
One more advice , buy the extend version of nbme because it shows you exactly what qs you get wrong so u can see the pattern of your mistakes

In both of my nbme I get 72 qs wrong out of the 200 yet still I failed but I checked my wrong answers and I discovered that I hade sever shot memory problem , I understand the concept but when I came to answer I was like ahhhhh I can't remember I got lost in the big texts book and I did not memorize the hy yield facts on Fa :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY
So far I have done 5 chapters of HY cell… interesting, no wonder why I was not having good score on this…

Ch 4 nuclear genome and Ch5 the mitochondrial genome were great. A lot of things I wasn't aware about: transposable jump elements for example, and the parallel with the mechanism used by DNA virus and retrovirus; also the aspects of mtDNA and the ETC complexes and their role in mitochondrial diseases. Very good.

thanks for being there guys : )
http://sites.fas.harvard.edu/~biotext/an...tion1.html

this is a cool one! only for quick back-up.
Hi guys, good morning. Today's plan is to finish musculoskeletal and heme onc from FA. I will post once i finish one chapter and then the second one. happy studying guys :-)
Rush@ the video was nice.
I posted one video which is page 17 of this thread, have a look at it when you guys are taking break. Something not related to our subjects but might help to master the subjects :-)
Hi guys , I liked all the links Smile

@rush , I read the hy cell biology before and yes it help me th strengthen my molecular biology and genetics but its very detailed and its not kind of books that you need to see when you are like 2-3 month before the exam.

Am still doing behavioral science. I should finish it by end of this week , to day I listen to some lec then I will spend the day doing uw biostatistics book , it has an extra qs and explanation , tomorrow iwill do all uw biostatistics qs then all Kaplan biostatistics qs , yes its painful and killing me slowly but I have to, no easy short cut for biostatistics Sad

See you later, good luck
@bugguy
Ok thanks ! I will join u in taking nbme next month end Smile
In this month I will consolidate anatomy , micro, antimicrobials and smthing else if possible along with their uw.
Next month I will do patho and physio . So I will b taking my nbme after doing the read of these 4-5 subjects. Let's see !
When do u actually aim for ur exam ? Jan or feb ? I will keep ur competitive spirit alive by doing nbmes with u Smile
Hi reminemi, December nbme will decide when is my exam .
You need to finish all your subject then do your first baseline nbme ,,don't so my mistake by taking nbme before finishing all subject and uw .

Study hard , Gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »