Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
itchy rash - sao
B..
Sao do U have the answer.... i cant wait any longer for the answer....
plzzzz if U have then let me know the answer

Sorry for the delay, i slept after this post

the answer BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
The correct answer is B.

The most specific clue in the description is the presence of erythematous patches with

central clearing, known clinically as "target lesions," which are associated with erythema

multiforme. Both erythema multiforme and its severe, life-threatening version, known as

Stevens-Johnson syndrome, are produced by immune complex deposition in dermal blood

vessels. In approximately 50% of patients, no specific precipitating cause is identified. In the

remainder of patients, however, a variety of causes have been implicated, including certain

infections (herpes simplex, enteroviruses, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydia,

histoplasmosis), drugs (penicillin, sulfonamides, phenytoin, aspirin, corticosteroids,

cimetidine, allopurinol, oral contraceptives), neoplasia (leukemia, lymphoma, multiple

myeloma, internal malignancy), sarcoidosis, and foods (notably emulsifiers in margarine).

Erythema migrans chronicum (choice A) also produces an annular erythematous rash with

central clearing, but usually affects the thigh, groin, and axilla; it is associated with Lyme disease.

Kaposi's sarcoma (choice C) causes purple lesions with no target lesions.

Psoriasis (choice D) causes erythematous plaques with silvery scale but does not produce

target lesions.

Urticaria (choice E) causes wheals that are intensely pruritic, but does not produce target lesions.

Hope this help to make clear about those central clearing rash
thanks sao really great review!
thanks a lot dude....
thanks sao
highly appreciated.may u get the high score in all steps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »