Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview - im_doc
i think its bad to be disparaging ti im_doc.............he deserve that acc to his creds and lets say congrats tio him............
hello im_doc. amazing man! u r really ivy league stuff man. wish u get selected.
but if u dont mind, could you please tell us how u got into research at oxford and how difficult is it for someone from india to get into it.
would really appreciate if u could let us know man
thank u
Yes Amith you are write. I started doing research when I was an intern. It was self driven. I published three publications in a year during my internship. Actually I have got about 14 would be publications. Coz I didn't list those papers which were submitted for publications. I have cited only those which has all been published. Publications doesn't only mean research paper. It can be anything related to science. I have got 5 research papers and 3 comments on the review articles published by others. Of note, publishing comments on journals like Annals of Internal Medicine, and Lancet, requires tremendous amount of strength and depth of knowledge and one memoral patient in BMJ. I have got 5 publications in a year. See it's the interest and determination. Many people do research to get residency and strengthen their CV. I do publicatins because that's my passion. I would have still been publishing something If I were not in medicine field too. I didnt do research or publications to find a good slot in residency. For me , that's the way of being immortal.

sorry its right
that was really touching im_doc.
Smile
I didn't do anything. It was a great co-incidence. Oxford University Reserach Unit was looking for a site to do research in typhoid fever. Luckily, a physician from our hospital had published a correspondence regarding typhoid fever. The guys from Oxford read that and they came to visit us. The visit was just beginning, after they visited us they put forward collaboration with our institution. That's how things evovled and I got an opportunity. To tell you guys the truth. I had taken USMLE step 1 in 2005 March. I got this offer and postponed the idea of coming to US in 2005 and stayed back home for a year or so doing RCT in typhoid.
so you are from uk is it?
hi im_doc,

congrats man.........m proud of u. Is it u who wrote an article in BMJ regarding a case of MI vs hyperkalaemia?
my salutes to you .......oh my`q didnt mean to question you creditibility...but it was out of real curiosity...because managing such work along mle is definitely appreciated....anyway congrats.....
yeap you are right.
may I know you in detail
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »