Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do u think of these IM programs? - ladybird
I assure you that IMGs at BU are all quite capable speaking english....;-) all of us have been here for several years, all have done a post-doc at MIT or Harvard....

anyway, my point about Jeff is: No they don't go to top institutions, not at all. it's a mediocre IM residency, which predominantly draws from its on large school class, you talk to some US grads, it will open your eyes....and Jeff as an institution has almost no research going on...ok the opened translational group with agut from Duke....they are ranking not even in the top50 for NIH research money...Boston University as IM department is ranked #14, it is also the old Boston City Hospital, which as of 2000 30% of ALL US chairmen in medicine at some point had trained at

You can't compare these two places...if you don't like BU, that's a choice...the original question was which would provide you with the better training and opportunities....and there they are just not in the same league...in any way, in general, if you have questions re quality of university programs and comparison, I would recommend trolliing more around a forum that is predominantly used by US IM, for that would resolve some of these myths and hear say confusions

in general, to get into a stronge university program, scores alone won't do it... you need to have either significant research, although that alone won't do it either, strong US LoR, preferably from a strong university or a well-known person, which is not that easy to get...whether you click or not during interview is somewhat secondary....for example Bu received this year 2800 applications from IMGS, they will invite 15!!!...so the real cut off is before you come for interview

As I said before, that's your opinion - bu.
But why are you so insistent on steering ladybird away from Jefferson?
I doubt you are being altruistic. Is it to clear a path for yourself? Less competition??

I take everything I read on this forum with TWO grains of salt, including you stating that:
you interviewed at ALL 3 ( Jeff, BU and Tufts) ...hmmmmmmm
that was 2 years ago ...hmmmmm
AND you're now at BMC ....hmmmmm
AND you're still in this forum. ...ohhhh....humm...humm...hummmm

Bye, time to go to work.
hmmmmmmm.....are we trying to be very smart....hmmmmm

I found help here when I applied in 2005 and sometimes I just check in...you can take the liberty and go to archives where you sure will find my posts from 2005...if you really care...or ladybird can just come to BU for her interview and say hellow...I am the guy from Germany and my last name starts with A..... as everyone gets provided with a list of current residents whe will have no difficultiy identifying me......HMMMMMMMMM
and why does your login name change?. hmmmmmmmmmm
question over questions hmmmmmmm
i just wanted to say thanks for all your comments ( i know its been a while...)
bu... if you're still checking on this forum, please email me at ladybirdim thanks!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »