Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many programs on average are people ranking ? - sdakota
I will rank 4 out of 6...
Lisy, just out of curiosity...how easy do you think transfering on the second year is?
to Oxygen: if you only have one interview why you ranking 2 programs? and is it possible to rank programs that didn't call you for an interview? thank you
Hi lisy

even I would like to know about how easy it is to transfer in the 2nd year.
thanks Smile
I'll rank 4 so far
lisy
is it easy to get transfer to another program next year?????
transferring to second year possible and it happens but its not easy as wherever you go they are going to call your PD first and ask wahy he is leaving..and if your PD doesnt want you to go he can tarnish your image and if you dont tranfer it would be horrible 2 years in the same program
Exactly, it is very difficult. That is why I made that question to Lisy because for the way she wrote it seems that she thinks doing a transfer is pretty easy. Just to giving you an example: there is guy (AMG) at my program that is doing his intern year as a prelim. He was thinking on doing just one year and then doins something related to philosophy or ethics. He is a pretty smart guy. Now he changed his mind and he's trying to continue as a categorical. The PD wants to keep him, but it is hard since that will mean open a new position. So it is not sure yet. The point is, for getting a position as a second year, means that a position should be open. For that to happen, it is needed for a resident to leave first. And that is not that common. Second year positions are not that many. And if its's hard for this guy to find a position at his OWN program, even when the program WANTS to keep him, imagine how tough it is to go to another program!

Why it is so tough? Because the program that have an open position will require a LOR from the PD of your previous program. And after you decide to abandon the program, the PD won't be to happy to do it.

But, getting back to the original subject, my general recommendation will be to rank only the programs you will be willing to work at.

Good luck
to Mahmoud47,

The Program that did not call or iV me did not reject me neither.
plus, i PAID 90 dollars and just for one program? is it gonna hurt if i rank 2 programs?
9 for me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »