Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
second visit - acpc
It's unfortunate that the PD made the decision for u by saying "do not feel it necessary...." A second visit is suppose to be your decision because you would want to get to know more about the hospital. And the PD did not offer an explanation why he/she thought it was not necessary. This doesn't sound good at all.
I went to a second visit to my top choice prog. Initially the PD was not very keen on it but I insisted and went. When I met him there this is what he told me - They appreciated my interest and enthusiasm but at the same time, the interview process itself is very taxing and disruptive to normal clinical work. And supporting second visits would disrupt this even more. He was very honest abt it and I guess many PDs would feel that way and not encourage second visits. I also know of some good places that have concerns abt patient confidentiality and do not encourage second visits. In ur case, PD has made ur work simpler. U have conveyed ur interest and hope for the best.
frnds, thanks a lot for ur replies...how do u guys think i should reply to that mail as to look decent enough to the pd..{so that may kind of encourage him to rank me high..;-))...i'm trying to b optimistic i guess}
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »