Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
research or observership-Anurag - 06924716
I will suggest that you try to improve your english first. Then do the CSA again. You might have failed the CSA because of your communication and written skills. I don't mean to be harsh. You are a smart person based on your scores. So do the best thing: Enroll in an english prep school, continue research then reapply. Good luck. I know many people who had 75/75 on multiple attempts and are attendings now. So you are good but pass CSA.
Sorry, I did not know you had passed the CSA. But I will suggest you continue research. Observership counts in some programs but not many.
Research has value if applying to univ programs as is an advanced degree like MPH. Observerships are good for community progs. With research, productivity is very imp, if you can get publications out of it. Getting papers from basic research is very difficult.

With observerships, you have a chance to get LORs, clinical experience, looked favorably by most specialties(ex: FP dont care for research but give importance to observership) and also useful to fill gaps.
HI !

To get a research continue sending lot`s of e-mails to professors especially in big university because research is mostly be done in university only, show your interest. Most of the professor require commitment for atleast 6-8 months. Repeatedly sending e-mails to professor until they give some response either negative or positive.

Good Luck.
see my new post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »