Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Exam Experience - gracie
Sam27,

After my exam, I marked 150+ questions in FA. I remember there was a previous post saying she maked 250 questions in FA. I am not saying doing FA alone is enough. You can use whatever material to help you understand those concepts in FA. For me I used Goljan and UW. I cannot say for sure how many questions can be answered from UW. I had about 10 questions very similar to UW. I used 2006 edition. Hope this helps.

Pin,

I just listened to Goljan audio twice and didn't do anything. Stick to Kaplan if you like them.

Congrats Gracie,

I am an old IMG too and i am currently doing research. Is it possible for you to post some of the questions here for all of us?
My e-mail is nandieiyamah
thanks for answering my queries appreciated
did u used goljan rapid review books or just listened to goljan audio
gracie with 94 and MD/PhD you will be a super strong candidate! Thanks for sharing your experience. Could you elaborate on timing issues, toughness of the blocks? I'll be about 8 years out of medical school so your experience gives me some hope Smile
hey congrats, gracie. awesome score, after a long hiatus.

Q: do u recommend doing FA path in addn to goljan.
Doctalk2,

Thanks for your encouraging words. I am sure you will do great. I am very bad at time managment. The main reason is that I didn't practice enough. I only had about 1-2 minutes left in the first 6 blocks to look at my marked questions, which didn't help at all. The last block was the hardest of all and I had to finish 5 questions in the last 2 minutes. It was bad. The toughness was pretty much the same for the first 6 blocks. Hope this helps.

kyr,

Thanks for your kind words.
I think Gojan is enough for path.
Hi Gracie,

Good to know your experience. Its kind of inspired me. I joined the forum today. I also graduated in 1993 and right now doing my PhD. I am planning to go back to medicine too. I am planning to study for USMLE with my PhD research. How much time you think everyday I should be studying. I am planning to take my step 1 sometime in dec 2007. I also wanted to know how much time I will need for step 2 if I am planning to apply for residency for 2009. Your opinion will definitely help me.
Thanks
Congratulation ,very good motivation for me I am old graduate 97.I feel so tired to try to pass this test, I have been studing since last year and the most score that can I get in NBME is on dec 300,feb 320 and march 240 .I realy dont know what can I do to improve.But thank you for share your experience.
drsmsin,

Thanks for you message. You still have plenty of time if you want to take it in dec. Make a plan and stick to it. It is very tempting to postpone the exam, which I did a couple of times and still regret. A friend of mine took both steps while working on his Ph.D. and got 99 on both. He studied 3-4 hours during weekdays and 6-8 days on weekends. I am sure you can do it as well.

chelly01doc,

Thanks for your message. Please do not give up. Do more questions and read their explanations. Try to understand the concepts behind them and take tons of notes. If you believe in yourself, you will get there eventually.
Congratulations, gracie, good job! we have very similar background:-), hope can get a similar score too.

I used Kplan Qbank as a study tool with my first and second reading, made lots of nots on first aid, went through Goljan's audio once and his rapid review path book and questions, then finished first aid once, now I will be done with UW tomorrow, I am doing it under tutor mode, trying to go through 100 questions everyday.... now i have a month before my big day, and I can take two weeks off before that, what would you suggest i= to do in this last month?

Thanks a million

Snowpurple
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »