Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fmg portal. - ncancer
Hi,
I did an externship with fmgportal. They did everything they said they would. Like u said it is in a clinic setting. No hospital exposure and they need lot of paper work like immunizations etc. The fees r not cheap either. The clinic i worked at only worked 4 days a week and a total of 20 hours a week. But i got two really good LORs from the doctors. But I think the LORs depend on the clinic you will get externship at.
In the end they did what they said. Got me LORs and I only did one month because if you read these so called fmg friendly list, most places ask for atleast 1 month USCE. So more than anything it improves the number of places you are eligible to apply. Hope this info helps.
Hi, Jessy,
I want to know how much they ask you to pay them. Thanks.
hi

I have heard lors from american doctors have more value than that of others........r the doctors we work under are americans......i mean is it a bit better than working in a clinic under a desi doc who exploits us
The longer you do the less the fee becomes. For egs. i apid $350/week for 4 weeks but someone else paid $250/ week for 16 weeks. Talk to them about the fee. they may reduce it. I don't know.
I worked under 3 different doctors in the same clinic. 2 were Asians and one was East european american graduate. But that really will depend on the place of externship. You could ask specifically for white american doctors offices when you apply. For the kind of money you are paying them I think you can be picky if you want.
Once again, I stress Iam not recommending that this is the best way to get an externship. Its just the way I did it. I have read many times on the forum about places that give free externships.
Try and find these. Wasn't ehs.org recommended by some one here??
hey jessy,thanks. do u think it's worth? how much did they charge? and a you satisfied with their service? i am planning of joining. is this a wise idea?
hi, thanks jessy.. can i email u a couple more questions if thats ok. or u could email me.
Shyama,
please read above mail to see charges. the service was fine. It was'nt as much work as i would have liked but like I said before it gives you the option of applying to more programs. I did'nt get many interviews but i think that was because I am an old graduate and i applied late. If you can afford it then go ahead. But it would be better if you could get a free externship at a hospital. Do some research on line . Look thru old forum messages. I remember there was this long message with a list of free externship offers.
ncancer,
leave your email here, I will be on touch.
hi jessy thanks for the info, im an old grad too.
nganim is my email..
jessy do they require Ecfmg certification?
Yes they need you to get ecfmg certification. You also need immunization records, visa status etc. Go to their website it has all the details.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »